Finally UnLocked My Modem


              Hi friends, I bought a 3G Airtel modem since it was from Airtel it was locked to the sim which means we cannot access internet using other Sim card from the same provider even. But the network offers only 1GB for Rs.98/- where as other networks providing i.e, Aircel offers 6GB
, BSNL offers 3GB, etc here we go for Aircel Network coverage problem for rural areas with BSNL i am not having such problem so my modem must be unlocked to access internet through BSNL sim card to unlock the modem if i go to mobile shop he unlocks it for Rs.200/- here money is not the problem but he doesn't reveals what he done to my modem.


             So i  intend to find the logic used in the modem then i got an idea that each mobile network uses a fixed frequency, if this was true the modem hardware has to modified but here i insert a new sim card of the same network doesn't allows the modem which means the locking takes place using software only and i guessed the locking may be done by linking the modem IMEI number and the Sim card 18 digit number. By using this clue i searched internet unlocking procedures finally i found that modem Firmware has to be updated while updating it asks for a password which we can calculate from IMEI number of that modem. I immediately downloaded Firmware for my modem model and calculated the password using the software found in the internet from this what i learn was " i know that we can change the program in the hardware to that we need one more hardware equipment to connect to it and tried it to change my mobile OS but i failed in that work i got to know that we need a communicator between our system and mobile in this case we can directly interact  with our modem". I found other procedures also for unlocking but nothing worked for my modem model except this one
In future i will try change my mobile OS according to my requirements.

Comments

Popular Posts